Cause Determined For Fire At Clinton Chappaqua Compound

The fire at the Northern Westchester compound of former President Bill Clinton and 2016 presidential nominee Hillary Clinton on Tuesday was the result of a bathroom fan shorting out, according to New Castle Supervisor Rob Greenstein.

The Clinton property at Old House Lane.
The Clinton property at Old House Lane. Photo Credit: File photo

The fire occurred in a facility for Secret Service at the property on Old House Lane in Chappaqua. The fan shorting out burned a hole in the bathroom ceiling, Greenstein said. The facility was not connected to the Clintons' main home. 

"Our incredible volunteers with Chappaqua Fire Department promptly responded," Greenstein said.

No injuries were reported and the Clintons were not home when the fire occurred.

The Clintons purchased the home in 1999. In 2016, the Clintons purchased an adjoining house to the original property. 

For Daily Voice's previous report on the fire, click here.

to follow Daily Voice Chappaqua and receive free news updates.