BRONXVILLE, N.Y. - A Bronxville taxi driver was issued a summons after being argumentative and getting into a verbal disagreement with a potential passenger.
Police in Bronxville issued a ticket on Saturday, Oct. 7 when a caller reported that he was having a disagreement with the driver, who refused to provide the cost of the fare from Lawrence Hospital into the Bronx. The driver was given an appearance ticket for violating Bronxville Village Code by failing to produce a license.
After police calmed down the situation, the man refused any further service from the taxi company and proceeded on his way.
Other items on the Bronxville Police Department blotter from Tuesday, Oct. 3 through Friday, Oct. 13 include:
- On Oct. 6, were notified that a 2015 Nissan Rogue had been entered overnight outside a Midland Gardens apartment. Police said that approximately $20 in quarters and a black backpack were stolen from the vehicle, which was not locked, nor was an alarm active.
- That same day, police are searching for two suspects that drove a stolen car from New Rochelle in the village before fleeing from officers, crashing in Yonkers and proceeding to flee on foot.
- A tree removal company had to be called to Midland Avenue shortly after 4:30 p.m. on Oct. 7 when a tree fell between Masterton Road and Hemlock Road and caused a brief road closure. The tree was too big for the Department of Public Works to remove, so professionals had to be called in to correct the condition.
- Police in Bronxville arrested 32-year-old Yonkers resident Elmio Marranzino on Oct. 10 when a License Plate Reader revealed he was driving his Cadillac Deville with a suspended registration. He was charged with misdemeanor counts of suspended registration, uninspected vehicle and operating a motor vehicle without insurance. Marranzino’s car was impounded, he was processed at the scene and released pending his next court appearance.
- St. Joseph's School entered its lockdown protocol on Wednesday, Oct. 11 when a suspicious man was spotted on campus.
- Two teenagers were busted with marijuana, a switchblade and a stolen Lexus key on Thursday, Oct. 12 and remanded to Westchester County Jail.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Bronxville and receive free news updates.