SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. -- To help those affected by Hurricane Maria, Phelps Hospital is sponsoring a local collection effort to bring urgently needed supplies to the people of Puerto Rico.
The hospital is only able to accept specific items, which must be unopened, within expiration date and in their original packaging. These include:
- Diapers (infant, toddler and adult sizes)
- Baby wipes
- Baby formula
- Cases of water
- Nutritional supplements (e.g., Ensure)
- Protein bars
- Feminine hygiene products
- Personal hygiene/care items (shampoo, body wash and deodorant)
- Hand sanitizer
- Oral hygiene items
- Clorox and cleaning supplies
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Garbage bags
- Light sources (flashlight, lanterns)
- Batteries (sizes AA, C and D)
Items will be accepted in collection boxes through Saturday, Oct. 7. Collection boxes are located at Phelps Hospital's main entrance, as well as the Pleasantville Farmers Market, TaSH Farmers Market and Chappaqua Farmers Market.
Volunteers are also needed at collection sites. Those interested should contact Amy Ferraro at 914-366-3435.