Summing up the weather in store for the area comes down to this -- the heat will be on on.
According to the National Weather Service, an area of high pressure that is building across the area will bring hotter and increasingly more humid air to the region.
A weak cold front approaches the area Friday bringing with it, clouds and scattered showers and thunderstorms, but not a break from the heat.
An Air Quality Alert is in effect from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday for Westchester and Rockland counties. It does not include Putnam and Dutchess at this time.
Here's what to expect:
- Friday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1 p.m. Mostly sunny, with a high near 90.
- Friday night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 3 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 90.
- Saturday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 70.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 90.
- Sunday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 70.
Check back to Daily Voice for updates.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Armonk and receive free news updates.