.Fire crews responded to the Purchase Elementary School on Wednesday morning when a fire broke out in one of the building’s commercial refrigerators.
Engines from the Purchase, Port Chester and West Harrison Fire Departments were dispatched to the school early on Wednesday, March 6, where there was a report of a heavy smoke condition in the kitchen area.
Officials said that crews were met with a “moderate smoke condition” in the kitchen, and investigation found that a fire had broken out in one of the commercial refrigerators. Crews were able to extinguish the fire without incident, and the flames didn’t spread to any other appliances in the kitchen, which were undamaged.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.