A 22-year-old man has admitted to calling in several false bomb threats to a busy Westchester corporate park that led to multiple evacuations.
David Prieto of White Plains pleaded guilty to four counts of false reporting, all felonies, for making false bomb threats against a Greenburgh building at 660 White Plains Road between Sept. 13 and Sept. 19 last year, forcing its evacuation four times.
Westchester County District Attorney Anthony Scarpino, Jr., said that Prieto was employed by his father’s construction business at the time of the phony threats. In each incident, the threat was either written on a bathroom wall in marker, or on paper found in a stairwell. In one instance, he wrote, “I have the bomb in the building BOOM.”
Police said that no incendiary devices, explosives or potential threats were found in the building during any of the sweeps, which included bomb-sniffing dogs.
Scarpino noted that the building is open to the public with approximately 30 businesses and 400 employees. In each of the four incidents, the building was evacuated and the Westchester County Department of Public Safety Bomb Squad was called in to determine if the building was safe. Police say, the defendant was recorded by security cameras in the building.
Prieto was arrested on Sept. 25 last year following a weeklong investigation by the Greenburgh Police Department. No sentencing date has been announced.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.