Westchester Man Sentenced For Beating Mother's Boyfriend With Iron, Furniture

A 34-year-old man has been sentenced after being found guilty of knocking his mother’s boyfriend unconscious before robbing him during a domestic incident in Westchester last year.

<p>Shawn Weaver</p>

Shawn Weaver

Photo Credit: Westchester County District Attorney's Office

Yonkers resident Shawn Weaver was found guilty at trial in March of assault, robbery and two counts of criminal possession of a weapon, following an incident in March last year with his victim, who is in his 60s.

Westchester County District Attorney Anthony Scarpino, Jr. announced that Weaver was sentenced to 15 years in prison, plus five years of post-release supervision for the assault and robbery charges. He received a term of between 3.5 and seven years in prison for each of the weapons charges.

Weaver was also sentenced to a year in jail on an unrelated DWI charge. All of the terms will run concurrently.

On March 16 last year, Weaver’s victim and his mother were at the victim’s apartment, where Weaver would occasionally stay. At approximately 11:20 p.m. on the night of the assault, the victim was emptying his pockets before bed when he was approached by Weaver, who was staying the night.

Weaver approached his victim, accusing him of hitting or punching his mother. When his victim denied the allegations, Weaver began beating him with a piece of wood from a broken piece of furniture and a clothing iron.

Weaver proceeded to strike his victim repeatedly with the wood, knocking him to the floor. He then proceeded to punch and stomp him and hit him in the left eye multiple times, including with the iron.

During the beating, Weaver stole $350 from his victim’s hand that he had been emptying from his pocket before the assault.

When officers from the Yonkers Police Department they found Weaver’s victim on the ground, unconscious, but breathing. He was taken to Jacobi Medical Center, where doctors operated on his left eye. He later needed additional surgery to correct other issues with his sight.

Weaver fled the scene before officers arrived. An investigation into the assault led to Weaver’s arrest weeks after the incident. He’s been detained since his arrest.

to follow Daily Voice Armonk and receive free news updates.