Cindrich, a Democrat, who had served for 14 years, was defeated by upstart Gina Picincih of 4MountKisco, 52 percent to 48 percent, 1,320 votes to 1,209 votes.
Her running mate, Isi Albanese, was elected to the village board, along with incumbent Democrat Peter Grunthal. Democrat Anthony Markus was defeated.
In Croton, the Croton Democrats took back control of village board. Brian Pugh defeated Mayor Greg Schmidt 58 percent to 42 percent while Democrats Amy Attias and Sherry Horowit were elected to the Town Board.
In Pound Ridge, Democrat Kevin Hansen became the new supervisor, defeating incumbent Dick Lyman, 52 percent to 48 percent.
Yorktown Republican Supervisor Mike Grace fell to challenger Illan Gilbert 51 percent to 49 percent.
In other results:
- Catherine Borgia, the Majority Leader of the Board of Legislators who represents District 9, defeated challenger Bob Outhouse, 63 percent to 37 percent, according to unofficial results from the Westchester County Board of Elections.
- District 9 covers Ossining, Peekskill, Cortlandt, and Briarcliff.
- In District 1, which covers Peekskill, Yorktown and Cortlandt, Legislator John Testa, a Republican, defeated challenger Nancy Vann, a Democrat 56 percent to 44 percent, 7,863 votes to 6,240 votes with 46 percent reporting.Testa won a fifth term.
- in District 2, which covers Bedford, Lewisboro, Mount Kisco, North Salem, Pound Ridge, Somers, Kitley Covill, a Democrat, denied Republican Francis Corcoran his chance at a second term. Covill won 55 percent to 45 percent.
- In District 3, which covers Mount Pleasant, Pleasantville and North Castle, Legislator Margaret Cunzio, a Conservative, defeated Daren Tolz, a Democrat 55 percent to 45 percent, 7,845 votes to 6,377 votes, according to unofficial returns from the Westchester County Board of Elections. Cunzio was running for a second term.
- In Bedford, Democrats MaryAnn Carr, an incumbent and Kate Galligan easily defeated Republicans Kyle Carleton and Mary Ellen Devey McLaughlin for two seats on the village board.
- In Cortlandt, longtime Supervisor Linda Puglisi, a Democrat, defeated Republican challenger, Liam Carroll 75 percent to 25 percent. Puglisi was running for a 14th term. Democrats Debra Carter-Costello, an incumbent, and James Creighton, were easily elected to the town board.
- In Lewisboro, incumbent Democrat Peter Parsons defeated Republican Jason Krellenstein 61 percent to 39 percent, Parsons was running for a fourth term.
- In the race for the town board, Tony Goncalves and Jane Crimmins defeated Republican incumbents Frank Kelly and Peter DeLucia with 2,243 votes and 2,242 votes, respectively. DeLucia and Kelly have 1736 votes and 1168 votes.
- In Somers, Republican incumbents Anthony Cirieco and William Faulkner defeated Democrats Robert Ondrovic and Thomas Newman.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Armonk and receive free news updates.