Manhattan resident Diego Caceres was arraigned on Wednesday, Nov. 14, stemming from the head-on collision on the parkway in Yonkers that left several people hospitalized.
Caceres was indicted by a Westchester County Grand Jury on charges that include:
- Aggravated Vehicular Assault, a felony;
- Vehicular Assault, a felony;
- Two counts of Vehicular Assault, felonies;
- Two counts of Driving While Intoxicated, misdemeanors;
- DWAI Combined Drugs and Alcohol, a misdemeanor, and;
- Reckless Driving, a misdemeanor.
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance, a misdemeanor.
Shortly before 3:15 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 9, Caceres was driving his Nissan Murano south on the parkway in the northbound lanes when he struck a Dodge Durango head-on that was occupied by a family of six who had just flown in from Florida, police said.
The crash, which occurred south of the Dewitt Avenue overpass in Yonkers, left all seven occupants of the two vehicles with various injuries that included head trauma, broken legs, head and back pain.
Caceres was arrested at the scene by members of the Westchester County Department of Public Safety. He is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday, Nov. 21.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Armonk and receive free news updates.