WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A retired Carmel police officer was sentenced to a year in jail Wednesday for criminally negligent homicide in the death of a Somers teaching assistant during a 2015 car crash. Click here to read the story.
Here are some other top stories from this past week (click on the link to read the story):
- The 75-year-old Mahopac woman was killed last week by her daughter's father-in-law, 69-year-old Filippo Buffone of West Harrison over a financial disagreement, Carmel Police announced during a press conference Wednesday.
- Three people suffered minor injuries on Friday when a car crashed into the Cambareri Shopping Plaza at 760 Bedford Road (Route 117) in Bedford Hills, just south of the Bedford Diner.
- People looking to accessorize their wardrobe finally have a place to call home.
- Following a three-month investigation, state police have arrested a man in connection with the fatal hit-and-run accident on I-95 that took the life of Yonkers tow-truck operator Salvator Brescia in December.
- A White Plains woman is facing up to 25 years in prison after pleading guilty for her role in the deaths of two senior citizens in a head-on collision while driving with drugs in her system and a blood alcohol content nearly quadruple the legal limit.
- Members of the Rye Police Department had their hands full over the weekend, breaking up an underage drinking party that saw dozens of teenagers illegally imbibing, police said.
- A visit to Mexico -- and a lament over finding the right bathing suit -- led Lara Serebrier Paul and Judith Heimowitz to create their own business.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.