NORTHERN WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a round-up of the top stories of the week in northern Westchester County.
- Richard O'Keefe pleaded guilty Wednesday to criminally negligent homicide and agreed to a one-year sentence in the death of Frances Ghelarducci during a crash in 2015.
- Columbia University has been chosen as the best college in New York state by niche.com, an internet ranking and review site.
- A Westchester woman is facing more than a decade in prison after pleading guilty to stealing nearly $1 million from her victim while serving as a part-time personal assistant over the span of five years.
- For fans of Showtime's "Billions," watching the struggle between Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis in the world of New York high finance is like "old home week" for Westchester and Rockland county residents with tons of scenes filmed in familiar spots.
- One of the nation's largest and most anticipated restaurant weeks, The Valley Table’s Spring 2017 Hudson Valley Restaurant Week, is taking place March 6-19.
- A 45-year-old Briarcliff Manor man was arraigned Wednesday after thousands of images containing child pornography were found at his home, Westchester County District Attorney Anthony A. Scarpino said.
- A Westchester man is facing weapons charges after allegedly striking his victim with a hammer during a domestic dispute on the Taconic State Parkway.
- On the heels of a nationwide sweep by U.S. Immigration and Customs that led to the arrest of five Hudson Valley residents, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is cautioning residents to be wary of a scam involving unauthorized agents asking for money.
- The Hudson Vally Film Commission (HVFC) has been flooded with requests since a casting call went out to area women who have three free days and would love to be in a major movie -- and, oh yeah, spend time in jail.
- There are close to 2,500 billionaires in the world, including four with Hudson Valley ties, and the Top 10 among them have a combined net worth of $582 billion, according to a report, "Who Are the Richest of the Rich," published Sunday in The New York Times.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.