WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A South Salem man was found dead in his cell early Wednesday at the Westchester County Jail, after hanging himself with his bed sheets, said Justin Pruyne, deputy commissioner of the Department of Correction. Click here to read the story.
Some others top stories of the week include (Click on the link to read the entire story):
- There is nothing keeping Diego Macancela, a 19-year-old Ossining teen who was detained by ICE last Thursday hours before his senior prom, from being deported back to Ecuador.
- If you live in the Hudson Valley area, there could very well be a black bear somewhere close by as you read this.
- The driver of a speeding Ferrari that crashed into a Bedford horse farm on May 29 could still face additional charges, according to the Bedford Police Department.
- If you consumed a beverage at Monteverde at Oldstone in Cortlandt Manor recently, you might be at risk for Hepatitis A.
- A longtime Westchester County Department of Correction captain who lives in Dutchess County was arrested in upstate New York during an undercover sex sting Thursday that involved underage girls.
- A longtime employee of the Tarrytown Union Free School District and Putnam resident has been arraigned on charges that she allegedly stole more than $10,000 from her employer.
- For real-time Northern Westchester news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Northern Westchester County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Armonk and receive free news updates.