WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Northern Westchester County.
- Police are asking for the public’s help in locating a Verplanck teen who has been missing since June.
- After the boom of a crane toppled across the old Tappan Zee Bridge span Tuesday, the supervisor of the town on the Westchester side of the bridge is expressing concerns about safety and calling for an investigation.
- A Westchester County Police officer and canine duo made a big bust Thursday after stopping a Massachusetts man in possession of nearly four kilos of heroin on the Hutchinson River Parkway in New Rochelle.
- A White Plains man who owned two restaurant franchises at the city's Westchester Mall was charged with stealing more than $300,000 in state sales taxes, Acting Westchester County District Attorney James McCarty said Tuesday.
- Peekskill police are looking for two men who reportedly tried to lure a 13-year-old boy into a van last Thursday night.
- A 19-year-old volunteer wrestling coach accused of using SnapChat and Instagram to convince a young boy to perform oral sex on him has been charged in federal court with sexual exploitation of a child, according to authorities.
- The Katonah-Lewisboro School District recently started transitioning to new web sites for the district and its schools.
- The Yorktown Central School District launched a redesigned website this month.
- A 13-year-old Yorktown teen has been charged with juvenile delinquency in connection with the repeated sexual abuse of another 13-year-old family member.
- Pleasantville police charged a Queens man for falsely reporting he had been robbed at gunpoint Wednesday on Marble Avenue.
- A 24-year-old Ossining resident has been charged with being a prolific check forger by the Westchester County District Attorney's Office.
- A 73-year-old Buchanan resident was sentenced to 12 years in state prison Wednesday for sexually abusing three children during the course of six years, the Westchester District Attorney's Office said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.