WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- An apparent murder/double suicide occurred in Pound Ridge on Friday morning in which a husband apparently killed his wife and daughter, then himself. Click here to read the story.
An unspecified threat targeting an unnamed Westchester school on Thursday does not "appear credible," according to county police. Click here to read the story.
Some others top stories of the week include (Click on the link to read the entire story):
- The White Plains-based Holocaust and Human Rights Center was among organizations and officials to condemn an email by Westchester County Board of Legislators Majority Leader Catherine Borgia (D-Ossining) that it said trivializes the Holocaust.
- More than one reference was made to the fact that "someone was looking down and smiling" at the more than 800 dignitaries, union workers and residents from Rockland and Westchester gathered on the cable-stayed area of the first span of the new Tappan Zee Bridge on Thursday, Aug. 24.
- State Police are attempting to locate a missing Northern Westchester teen. Douglas Eugenio Hernandez-Garcis, 16, went missing on Monday, Aug. 14.
- An Ossining man has been sentenced to prison time following a two-year investigation by the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office.
- Hillary Clinton, a Chappaqua resident, said President Donald Trump, who owns properties throughout the Hudson Valley, made her skin crawl during their debate.
- Hey, area cell phone users, sick and tired of not getting any reception during your travels?
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.