WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A dramatic deer rescue and the sale of a $54 Northern Westchester complex topped the week's news.
It was quite the afternoon for Sleepy Hollow Fire Chief John Korzelius when he crawled out onto a lake to rescue a deer stranded on a frozen lake in Pocantico Hills. Click here to read the story.
The Landing at Mohegan Lake has sold to Ginsburg Development for $54 million. Click here to read the story.
Some others top stories of the week include (Click on the link to read the entire story):
- State Police from the Somers barracks are investigating an increased number of larcenies from vehicles in Westchester.
- Amazon announced 20 finalists for its second headquarters on Thursday morning, with nearly all big U.S. cities, including New York.
- The unemployment rate in Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Rockland and Orange increased year over year according to the State Labor Department's report for Nov. 2017.
- A new ShopRite could soon be coming to Northern Westchester.
- Motorists with outstanding toll violations will have a chance to wipe the slate clean under a cashless toll amnesty program for customers using the new Tappan Zee Bridge unveiled by the Thruway Authority on Wednesday.
- For real-time Northern Westchester news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Northern Westchester page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Daily Voice Northern Westchester on Twitter @DVWestchester_N by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.