The SPCA of Westchester is hoping to unite a local resident with a new furry best friend as they highlight their "pets of the week."
SPCA officials have chosen some of their finest pets, who are available for adoption and looking for a good home and new family to love. Among the animals spotlighted this week include:
- Although Becky is a year and half years old and a medium sized dog, she still thinks she is a puppy as well as a lap dog! She loves to snuggle and rest, stretched calmly across her human’s lap. In addition to her sweet disposition, she is a star in doggy playgroup! Becky is highly food-motivated, easily trained, and knows all her basic commands. She would do best in a home with another dog but without any cats.
- Berkley is a strikingly pretty tan and white Hound/Lab mix. She is a super sweet, shy young girl, who is looking for a patient forever family to introduce her to the big wide world. If you are looking for a new companion full of potential then please come over to meet Berkley.
- This 4-year-old retriever named Bandit is just ridiculously adorable, with a smile that will brighten one lucky adopter's every day. He's an energetic, smart fellow and does very well with training. He's dog social but prefers being the only dog in the house. Bandit enjoys the company of people but just needs some time to warm up to strangers.
- Chet is a beautiful 2-year-old Catahoula/hound mix. This sweet guy can be shy at first but warms up quickly. He would love a quiet home with someone who can become his best buddy. He loves to go for walks at the park, but can be a good cuddle bug, too. Chet would do best in a home without children. He does well with most dogs too.
- Pinball may be deaf and blind, but that doesn't stop this senior lady from patrolling the SPCA Small Animal Building! Pinball loves to be held and cuddled and is looking for a home where she can retire from the arcade. Please feel free to stop by and talk to our staff about how to become a permanent foster for this sweet gal.
- Big whiskers. Big feets. Big purrs. Big heart. That’s Costello ! This big, beautiful middle-aged fellow has the sweetest disposition and is ready for his forever home. Come meet him!
- Cutie pie Emma is around 4-5 months old and she's a playful, friendly, affectionate girl. She's got a condition known as cerebellar hypoplasia, which is a fancy way of saying she's a little wobbly. It's not something that slows her down, or requires medicine, or is going to get worse. She's not bothered by it and hopes you won't be, either! If you're looking for a fun and fantastic kitten, come meet Emma!
- Stewart is a playful, affectionate older kitten who craves attention. Poor guy has a blocked tear duct which makes his eye red sometimes but he still gets around just fine! Stewart is a wonderful, sweet boy who can't wait to find a loving family and will give so much love in return!
- I may be Misty , but I'm not as helpless as a kitten up a tree like Johnny Mathis sings. I am, however, on medication for my heart murmur and my dry eyes. I’m middle-aged but still have many happy years ahead! As you can see though I’m a real cutie and hope someone will still open their heart and home to me even though I need a little extra TLC! I’d prefer to be your one and only and find a companion or family without any other animals so I can get all of your attention!
Those interested in meeting any of these animals can email email@example.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.