WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A lot of love goes into designing a Valentine's menu and Westchester County is ablaze with options. A sampling follows; feel free to add your own to our comments or Facebook page, but book now. Reservations are filling up.
- Siegel Bros. Marketplace, Mount Kisco: At-home chefs and wine lovers can sample the wares at this brand-new family-owned marketplace’s open tasting event from 3-6 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 11. Not in the mood to cook? Pre-order a world-class takeout meal for pick up during the heartfelt holiday by clicking here. Love Rules: 39 S. Moger Ave., (914) 864-0690 or (914) 864-0691.
- Sherry b Dessert Studio, Chappaqua: Pick up some sweets for your sweetie at Sherry b’s, but be careful not to eat them all on the drive home. Among the many goodies on offer are limited edition Valentine’s Day ice cream sandwiches, red velvet (red velvet cakes with heart confetti and cream cheese ice cream); vanilla/chocolate cake/ice cream; and S’mores (house-made graham crackers with marshmallows). There's even a giant "I Heart Chocolate S'more" made with a lightly toasted Nutella Swirl marshmallow, dark chocolate, chocolate graham, and topped with pink sparkling sugar).Not to mention heart-shaped butter cookies coated with white chocolate and sprinkles. Love Rules: 65 King St., (914) 238-8300.
- Moderne Barn, Armonk: Executive Chef Ethan Kostbar will be “celebrating love” on Tuesday, Feb. 14, with a special three-course chef’s menu featuring Blue Point oysters with cocktail sauce and red wine mignonette; broiled Cod Imperial crusted with lump crab and served with garlic Tuscan kale, cannellini beans and pancetta; and passion fruit Crème Brulee with chocolate-dipped coconut macaroons. The prix-fixe menu is $78 per person or $118 per person with select wine pairings curated by wine director Edgar Balagot. Love Rules: 430 Bedford Road, Armonk, (914) 730-0001.
- City Limits Diner, White Plains: For a family-friendly Valentine’s Day dinner, take the clan to this White Plains institution. Parents can celebrate with specials such as shrimp and calamari risotto with truffle oil or veal osso buco with fresh pappardelle, baby carrots and haricot verts (French-style green beans). The little ones can pick from a full children’s menu that has such treats as housemade cheese ravioli and “Silver Dollar” pancakes. Love Rules: 200 Central Ave., (914) 686-9000.
- Centrale Italian Kitchen and Bar, Yorktown Heights: Indulge in the special “Land to Sea” Valentine's Day menu for two ($55 per person) with grilled filet mignon, Maine lobster, roasted asparagus, potato purée, lobster hollandaise and a surprise dessert for two. Further setting the mood will be classic love songs played by Centrale’s pianist. Love Rules: 90 Triangle Center, (914) 352-6107.
- The Cookery Restaurant, Dobbs Ferry: Chef David DiBari has put together his own Valentine’s Day menu, tantalizingly titled: “It Takes Tongue and Tail to Get To The Heart.” The first three-course prix fix dinner is comprised of dishes such as crispy duck tongue, oxtail ravioli with bone marrow, butter and Fresh Sprout Creek’s cow cheese; grilled grass-fed beef heart, and fried chocolate spicy cream. The second dinner features signature dishes such as smoked pig's head doughnut, fried octopus, pork osso bucco and sticky date cake. Love Rules: 30 Chestnut St., (914) 305-2336.
- Ladle of Love, Bronxville: The company behind Ladle of Love and Café of Love in Mount Kisco is introducing a new sibling on Valentine’s Day, Ladle of Love Bronxville. The new gourmet take-out shop’s soups, sandwiches and salads, will continue its mission of love of food and community, says owner Leslie Lampert. Ladle will be giving out free “kisses” of its famed Harvest Celebration soup and “hugs” of raspberry chia pudding (dairy free because it uses coconut, instead of cow, milk) and “Yo-Low,” house-made low-fat yogurt with low-sugar fruit compote. Café of Love is, Lampert says, an “institution” on Valentine’s Day. Along with its seasonal winter dishes, the restaurant will have a special menu for loving couples. There will be lobster bisque, seared scallops, grass-fed rib eye for two, housemade lobster fettuccine, raspberry panna cotta and "sweetheart" cookies. Love Rules: Ladle of Love, Bronxville, 18 Palmer Ave., (914) 346-8883; Ladle of Love Mount Kisco, 11B S Moger Ave., (914) 242-9661; Café of Love Mount Kisco, 38 E. Main St., (914) 242-1002.
- North Salem VolunteerAmbulance Corps., North Salem: Munching on or baking sugary treats while raising money for a good cause; what could be sweeter than that? The Corps' Valentine Cookie Competition is set for 12 noon to 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 12. Cookie Monster is expected to make an appearance as are local officials from Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino and state Sen. Terrence Murphy to county Legislator Francis Corcoran and North Salem Supervisor Warren Lucas. Money raised by the bake-off will go to buy much-needed equipment for the ambulance corps. For more information about the event, click here. Love Rules: 14 Daniel Road, (914) 277-4944.
- Rye House, Port Chester: Valentine's Day Specials are being offered from Friday, Feb. 10 through Tuesday, Feb. 14 and include a range of special appetizers and entrees -- think duck noodle soup,
Hamachi “Ceviche," braised beef short rib, pan seared branzino and more. Rye's Longford ice cream is also on the menu. Love Rules: 126 N Main St, (914) 481-8771.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Armonk and receive free news updates.