WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- N. Dain's Sons Co., Inc of Peekskill and its President, Jeffrey Dain, will be honored by the Business Council of Westchester at its prestigious Business Hall of Fame Awards Dinner.
The dinner will be held on on Tuesday, April 19 at the Glen Island Harbour Club in New Rochelle. The Peekskill business will receive the Chairman's Recognition Award.
N. Dain's Sons Co. is Peekskill’s oldest business and one of the oldest retail lumberyards in the country. It is still owned by the same family , which was founded on the banks of the Hudson River by Nathaniel Dain in 1848.
Throughout the 19th century, Dain’s delivered to construction sites by horse and wagon to sites along the Hudson River, including West Point, by the company-owned schooner, Annie. Then, deliveries mostly consisted of heavy lumber and timbers, cement and lime.
Today, Dain’s offers virtually every building product available on three acres of and in the 30,000 square foot warehouse and 5,000 square foot showroom and 2,000 square foot deck showplace. A more recent addition to the facility is a sawmill and millwork division.
Presently, Jeffrey Dain, great-great grandson of founder Nathaniel, operates Dain’s along with the dedicated staff which possesses over 75 years of combined experience. Dain’s continues to serve the needs of homeowners and contractors as it has done since the 1800s by carrying quality products, providing exceptional service and offering expert advice.
The other award winners are:
- Corporate Citizenship: Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla. Michael Israel, President and CEO, to accept the award.
- Entrepreneurial Success: Steiner Sports in New Rochelle. Brandon Steiner, Founder and CEO, to accept the award.
- Small Business Success: The Westchester Bank in White Plains. John Tolomer, President and CEO, to accept the award.
- Women in Business Success: Wendy Wollner, Founder & President, Balancing Life’s Issues, Inc.
- Family Owned Business: The College of Westchester in White Plains. Mary Beth Del Balzo, President, to accept the award.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.