A boiler room accident Thursday morning injured an electrician and cleared Lakeland Regional High School in Wanaque.
The 57-year-old worker arced a wire, causing a breaker to blow, around 8:10 a.m, Wanaque Police Capt. Kenneth Farina said.
Contrary to other media reports, there wasn’t an explosion, Farina emphasized.
The electrician was taken to Chilton Hospital with minor cuts and burns and students and staff returned to the building, Farina said.
Lakeland Regional serves students from Ringwood and Wanaque.
Click here to follow Daily Voice North Passaic and receive free news updates.