PASSAIC COUNTY, N.J. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Passaic County.
- A Clifton man who barricaded himself in his bedroom with several handguns -- one of which he fired out the window -- was peacefully taken into custody after a SWAT team burst in more than seven hours later, authorities said Monday morning.
- "[I']m armed and ready bitch," wrote a Clifton man days before he barricaded himself in his apartment and fired a shot out the window during a seven-hour standoff. "I want to get revenge on the a-------s that kept me from succeeding in life."
- Non-threatening levels of the same cancer-causing toxin that environmental advocate Erin Brockovich identified as the cause of widespread cancer in California 25 years ago were found in Bergen and Passaic county drinking water, according to a national report released Tuesday.
- Authorities were searching for a man who robbed a Clifton bank Friday afternoon after passing a note.
- A decade ago, about 25 friends gathered in a Wanaque backyard to play a game of Wiffle Ball in memory of their late friend Nick Gretina, and to raise a couple hundred dollars Hope with Heart.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.