And that means chicken wings, the unofficial staple of Super Bowl Sunday. According to the National Chicken Council (NCC), Americans will consume close to 1.33 billion drumettes and flats.
That figure -- enough to circle the earth nearly three times -- is up 2 percent, or 30 million wings, from 2016's report – and up 6.5 percent, or 80 million wings, from 2015's report – revealing a steadily growing love for America's favorite Super Bowl menu item.
Which begs the question: Where will you go for wings to eat-in or take-out? (Another fun stat: NCC estimates that of the wings eaten during Super Bowl weekend, 75 percent will come from restaurants or foodservice outlets and 25 percent from grocery stores.)
A sampling of popular spots follows; feel free to add your own in our comments section or on Facebook.
- Bogey's Sports Pub, Clifton: The TV's are on and ready at this old school sports pub where you'll find wings in Buffalo, BBQ or Honey Mustard. Wing It: 103 Valley Rd., (973) 523-4653.
- 381 Main Bar & Grill, Little Falls: Decisions, decisions. Will it be Buffalo Style (mild, medium, hot, toxic waste or garlic) or BBQ, Teriyaki, Thai Chili or Garlic Wing & Oil? Wing It: 381 Main St., (973) 785-3815.
- Jimmy Geez, Haledon: You'll find more 15 to 20 different kind of wing sauce options, everything from Buffalo to Thai Chili to Garlic Teriyaki to Spicy Garlic with heat levels that include wimpy, medium, mild hot and nuclear. The most popular sauce is the housemade B&B, a special "secret recipe" blend. Plus there are always new sauces being added so customers never get bored. It should be noted Jimmy Geez was a 2016 DVlicious "Best Wings in Passaic County" winner. Wing It: 436 Belmont Ave., (973) 697-4339.
- PJ Rufo's Restaurant, Woodland Park: This is an Italian eatery so the Italian spice, a dry rub seasoned wing is the most popular. The restaurant also offers Buffalo and Honey barbecue. Wing It: 279 Browertown Rd., (973) 812-7222.
- Shots Sports Lounge, Clifton: This is your place for sports, with multiple flat-screen TVS and solid bar food, including wings in mild, hot, garlic or Honey BBQ versions. Wing It: 1168 Broad St., (973) 928-3610.
- Taphouse Grille, Wayne: Go big with jumbo Buffalo wings in mild, hot, or BBQ. Wing It: 344 French Hill Rd., (973) 832-4141.
- The Shannon Rose Irish Pub, Clifton: Classic, boneless and meatless garden wings made from soy, wheat, pea proteins, vegetables and grains are available as are the plain 'ole traditional. Sauces include Buffalo, Guinness Barbecue or Sweet Chili sauce. Wing It: 98 Kingsland Rd., (973) 284-0200.
- The Underdog Bar & Grill, Haledon: If you like it hot, you've come to the right place. Aside from the traditional, there's Thai Chili, Inferno, Texas Thai and more. Not to mention lots of TVs for watching the game where, dare we say, you should root for the underdog. Wing It: 4 Church St., (973) 720-5999.
- Valley View Pub, West Milford: The Valley View Pub has been owned and operated by three generations of the Castronova family for the past 29 years and is known for its hot wings, in options such as Buffalo, Francaise, Barbecue, Teriyaki, and Garlic Parmesan. Wing It: 1612 Union Valley Rd, (973) 728-8200.
Click here to follow Daily Voice North Passaic and receive free news updates.