A Bayonne man accused of attacking "Real Housewives of New Jersey" cast member Dina Manzo and her ex-fiancé touted a laundry list of criminal convictions before the violent 2017 incident.
James Mainello -- who wracked up six disorderly persons offenses and 36 criminal convictions since 1993 -- was charged earlier this month with robbery, aggravated assault, theft, weapon possession, burglary and criminal restraint in connection with the Holmdel attack.
The 51-year-old was charged with aggravated assault for using a baseball bat during a different attack. He also was charged with federal robbery conspiracy -- which landed him in the federal prison system -- and along with theft, drugs, burglary and more, NBC reports.
Manzo and ex-fiancé David Cantin had just returned from vacation on May 13, 2017 when one of two masked intruders punched and attacked them with a baseball bat, authorities said.
Cantin and Manzo were bound together on the floor with zip-ties while the attackers stole cash and jewelry, then fled, authorities said. Cantin freed himself and called police. He and Manzo, who suffered a broken nose, were taken to a local hospital for treatment and released that evening.
Mainello and the other intruder, who remains unidentified, got off with a $60,000 engagement ring and $500, the NBC report says.
Prosecutor Caitlin Sidley in court Tuesday said Mainello poses a danger to the community given his willingness to enter a stranger's home.
Judge James McGann denied release for Mainello, who faces up to 20 years to life in prison if convicted, according to NBC's report.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Hudson and receive free news updates.