New Jersey is the diner capital of the world and there are hundreds in the state. Foursquare uses rated their favorites. Here are the best in Bergen County, rated by the number of check-ins and reviews.
1. Chit Chat Diner, Hackensack: Great coffee. Fair prices. And how about those breakfast combinations? Chit Chat is open 24//7 and keeps question card games on the table to help customers pass the time. Though Foursquare users are saying they won't be playing for very long, because it doesn't take long for the food to come. Classic yet chic.
2. Gotham City Diner, Fair Lawn: Many people are raving about Gotham's salad bar — complete with almost any topping you can want. They'll even chop it up for you. Others are saying the street-sign and NYC-themed decor is what makes Gotham unique.
3. Colonial Diner, Lyndhurst: Burgers, breakfast and disco fries is what Colonial is all about. The 1950s-inspired diner is newly renovated with a retro feel. It's located just off of Route 3 and is minutes from the Meadowlands sports complex.
4. Brownstone Pancake Factory, Edgewater. This iconic place is an offshoot of the original in Jersey City and, let's just say the name speaks for itself. S'mores pancakes? Got 'em. Classic blueberry? Comin' right up. Brownstone will even wrap your entire meal into a pancake.
5. The Stack Pancake & Steak House: The name says it all — pancakes and steak. In addition to the grub, staff got some stellar reviews.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.