What is the best regional style pizza?
The eateries are included in a database compiled by the Post that lists the best pizzerias in each state specializing in Detroit, Neapolitan, New Haven, New York, Roman, Sicilian, and Tavern-style pizza.
According to the report, they are:
- Best Detroit: Volo Craft Pizza, located in Swampscott at 152 Humphrey Street
- Best Neapolitan: Ciao! Pizza & Pasta, located in Chelsea at 59 Williams Street
- Best New Haven: Casa Pizzeria, located in Ludlow at 325 East Street
- Best New York: Ziggy’s, located in Brighton at 583 Washington Street
- Best Roman: Mortadella Head, located in Somerville at 20 College Avenue
- Best Sicilian: Galleria Umberto, located in Boston at 289 Hanover Street
- Best Tavern: Lynwood Cafe, located in Randolph at 320 Center Street
In order to select the best pizzerias for each style in each state, the Post consulted Yelp reviews of over 85,000 independent and small-chain restaurants that mentioned each specific kind of pie.
The restaurants were then ranked using a formula that accounted for Yelp ratings, the number of reviews, and how often reviews mentioned each particular pizza style.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Suffolk and receive free news updates.