Subscribe
82°
Still Free: John Gotti’s Grandson Misses Promised Kidney Donation Date Again, Not Jailed
John Gotti’s grandson has once again failed to donate a kidney to his mother, despite promising the transplant to delay his prison sentence.
Attorneys for Carmine G. Agnello, 40, of Oyster Bay, said he’s ready for the transplant, but his mother, Victoria Gotti, has a serious infection requiring another delay, the New York Daily News reported.
Judge Nusrat J. Choudhury ruled Thursday, Aug. 6 that if Agnello donates the kidney before Monday, Aug. 10, he can still have his sentencing delay, Newsday reported. In that case, he would report to prison on Sept. 18.
But if the transplant doesn’t ha…
New England TikToker Accused Of Faking Cancer Dead At 26
Sydney Towle, a New England-born TikToker who has been documenting her battle with a rare cancer for three years, has died. She was 26 years old.
Towle, who was raised in New Hampshire and graduated from Dartmouth, was diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma, a rare and aggressive bile duct cancer, in 2023. The New York Times featured her story last year after she became the target of online critics who accused her of faking her diagnosis or using her illness for financial gain.
Her death was announced Thursday morning, Aug. 6, two days after her brother, Austin, announced she'd entered hospice c…
CT Carjacking, Kidnapping: 3 More Charged In Violent $245M Bitcoin Robbery Plot, Feds Say
Three more men have been charged in an alleged $245 million cryptocurrency robbery plot that federal prosecutors say led to the violent kidnapping of a Danbury couple.
Sedric Louis, 32, John Davis, 34, and Martel Williams, 27, all of St. Louis, were charged after a federal grand jury in New Haven returned a second superseding indictment on May 22, 2026, according to U.S. Attorney for the District of Connecticut David Sullivan.
The three are charged with conspiracy to interfere with commerce by robbery, also known as Hobbs Act Robbery. The charge carries a maximum prison sentence of 20 years…
Second Arrest Made In Deadly CT Home Invasion; 69-Year-Old Man Killed, Woman Shot In Head
Police have arrested a second man in a deadly Connecticut home invasion that left a 69-year-old man dead and a woman shot in the head, authorities said
Ivan Barias-Florimon, 24, of the Bronx, was arrested Tuesday, Aug. 5, in New York City with assistance from the U.S. Marshals' Office. He is charged with murder, murder in commission of a felony, home invasion, and first-degree assault of an elderly victim during a Milford home invasion in June. Authorities said he is being held in New York City while awaiting extradition to Connecticut.
His capture follows the Friday arrest of 25…