- A 15-year-old Wilton High School student was arrested Monday in connection with a swastika incident at the school. Later, in the week, a second swastika was found in the high school. Police are investigating.
- The Wilton Library was evacuated after three suspicious backpacks were spotted near the entrance, but Wilton police quickly determined they posed no danger.
- Wilton school officials have confirmed two cases of viral meningitis among students and suspect a third.
- A Fairfield woman Jill Tarlov, 59, who was hit by a bike as she walked in New York's Central Park, has died of her injuries.
- Snuggle Bear, the mascot for Wilton-based Sun Products Corp.'s line of fabric softeners, celebrated his 30th birthday at the company's Wilton headquarters. His birthday gift will go toward fulfilling the wish of a child with a life-threatening medical condition.
- Two Wilton residents -- Andrew Grant and Thomas Hayes -- have been awarded scholarships to Denison University in Ohio.
- The Wilton Wahoos swim team ended its summer season with one member of the USA National Junior Team, 21 individual state records and seven USA Swimming Scholastic All-Americans.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Wilton and receive free news updates.