WILTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Wilton last week:
- Alfredo Meledez-Palmer was charged with assaulting a co-worker during a home renovation in Wilton earlier this summer after the co-worker complained about the suspect's pace of work.
- Wilton Police charge Frederick Joyner, 47, of 15 Greenwich Ave., Stamford, and Howard Williams, 56, of 53a Stillwater Ave., Stamford, with fishing illegally in reservoir on Old Huckleberry Road.
- The newest section of the Norwalk River Valley Trail in Wilton, though not yet complete, is already being used by bikers, runners and parents with strollers.
- Despite several reports of doom and gloom about the upcoming winter for Fairfield County, the National Weather Service is forecasting average temperatures and precipitation for the season.
- A patient at Danbury Hospital is being tested for the enterovirus D68, or EV-D68, a severe respiratory infection affecting young children.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.