WESTPORT, Conn. — Enjoy specialty dishes from two dozen of the finest Westport-area restaurants, oysters on the half shell, a selection of wines and specialty cocktails and deserts while raising money for CLASP at the Taste of Westport.
The event will be held from 6 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday, May 5 at the Westport Inn.
Start with oysters from Hummock Island then savor treats from favorite places like Pane e Bene and Matsu Sushi. Check out the newcomers from Harvest, The Cottage, the new Bobby Q’s and more. Sip cocktails and wine from Black Bear Wines & Spirits and Greens Farms Spirits, then close the evening with desserts from Le Rouge Chocolates and Cakes.
Music will be provided by two local duos — the reggae sounds of Beto Petrillo and Rob Russo and the jazz stylings of Matt Criscuolo and Tony Purrone.
Silent auction items include:
- A pair of tickets to see Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden.
- Two tickets to the Daily Show with Trevor Noah.
- Two tickets to NBC’s Late Night with Seth Meyers.
- An overnight at Mohegan Sun Casino with a dinner for two at Michael Jordan’s Steak House.
- A Drew Klotz sculpture and several pieces by local artists.
- For the woman in your life — or yourself — a triple strand of pearls and a tourmaline and diamond necklace.
- For your children, a giant overstuffed giraffe and a tiger from Melissa & Doug.
All money raised will support CLASP programs. CLASP is a 34-year-old organization providing homes and opportunities for people with autism and other developmental disabilities. Its programs foster independence, dignity and continued growth for its clients at its 21 residences in seven area communities. CLASP collaborates with area businesses to match the capabilities of its clients with the needs of these companies.
Tickets are $75 in advance or $85 at the door. Click here to buy advance tickets.
The Westport Inn is at 1595 Post Road East.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.