TRUMBULL, Conn. -- Firefighters successfully put out a fire that broke out Monday evening in a tractor trailer filled with industrial-type batteries along Route 25 in Trumbull.
The call reporting a smoking trailer first came in shortly after 5 p.m. When they arrived at the scene, volunteer firefighters from Trumbull-based Long Hill Engine 205 saw smoke coming out of the tractor trailer that was hauling the batteries. The fire involved battery casings and packing materials inside the tractor trailer, fire officials said.
They got help from firefighters with Trumbull Volunteer Fire Company No. 1. Crews stayed at the scene Monday with the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and a hazardous material team to dispose of the materials safely.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Trumbull-Monroe and receive free news updates.