STAMFORD, Conn. -- Curtain Call is having auditions for its upcoming production of "Bonnie and Clyde" on Sept. 14 and 15 at the Sterling Farms Theatre Complex.
"This is the first area production since the Broadway production so we're very excited to be working on this great new show," said Curtain Call executive director, Lou Ursone.
"Bonnie and Clyde" is directed by George Croom with music by Frank Wildhorn, lyrics by Don Black, musical direction by Eric Johnston and a book by Ivan Menchell. The musical made its Broadway debut on December 2011 and was nominated for two Tony Awards.
The production will play weekendsfrom Nov. 13 to Dec. 12 at the Kweskin Theatre.
All actors auditioning should prepare a brief song and be prepared to read from the script. Music should be printed in the correct key and laid out clearly for the accompanist.
Curtain Call is casting the following roles:
- Bonnie Parker (18-25, soprano/mix)
- Clyde Barrow (18-25, tenor)
- Blanche Barrow (25-35, soprano/mix)
- Buck Barrow (25-35, tenor)
- Preacher (40-60, tenor)
- Ted Hinton (18 -25, tenor)
- Young Bonnie (8-12, mezzo)
- Young Clyde (8-12, tenor)
- Bob Alcorn (30-45)
- Capt. Frank Hamer (45-65)
- Cumie Barrow (40-55)
- Gov. Miriam Ferguson (40-60)
- Henry Barrow (45-55)
- An ensemble of various voice and body types
The auditions are from 7-9 p.m. at the Sterling Farms Theatre Complex, 1349 Newfield Ave., Stamford.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.