The incident took place in Norwalk on Wednesday, Oct. 25.
According to Sgt. Ryan Evarts of the Norwalk Police, Brent Menskey, age 37, of Norwalk, was arrested by warrant following an investigation after police received information that he was selling narcotics out of a live-in long-term rehabilitation facility center for pregnant and parenting women.
A warrant was served on Wednesday, Oct. 11, for Menskey and an apartment on Elmcrest Terrace, Evarts said.
During the search, officers found some narcotics in areas where young children could easily access them. As a result of the search warrant, Special Services Investigators seized the following evidence:
- 70 glassine envelopes containing heroin/fentanyl
- 39.87 grams of crack cocaine
- 42.51 grams of powder cocaine
- Three Dilaudid pills not in a prescription container
- Electronic scale
Menskey was charged with:
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Possession with intent to sell narcotics
- Possession with intent to sell over 1 ounce of cocaine
- Use of drug paraphernalia
- Two counts of risk of injury to a minor
He was held on a $100,000 bond and is due in court on Wednesday, Nov. 8.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Norwalk and receive free news updates.