NORWALK, Conn. -- AARP is offering free tax preparation and filing at the Norwalk Libraries. Instead, the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program will offer free tax preparation and filing from Feb. 1 through April 18 at the following locations:
- South Norwalk Community Center, 98 S. Main St., Norwalk; no appointment needed. Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Norwalk Community College, 188 Richards Ave., Norwalk; no appointment needed. Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in West Campus Room W138. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7-9 p.m. in East Campus Atrium.
- Student Success Center Family & Children’s Agency, 140 Water St., Norwalk; call for appointment: 203-523-5336. Tuesdays from 5-9 p.m.
- New Canaan Public Library, 151 Main St., New Canaan; call for appointment: 203-594-5003. Tuesdays from noon to 4 p.m., and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Westport Town Hall, 110 Myrtle Ave., Westport; call for appointment: 203-341-1050. Mondays from 1:30-7:30 p.m.
- Westport Senior Center 21 Imperial Ave., Westport; Call for appointment: 203-341-5099. Wednesdays from 9 a.m to 4 p.m.; Thursdays from 1-7 p.m.
- Darien Library, 1441 Post Road, Darien; appointments are optional: 203-669-5257. Fridays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is available free to taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those 60 and older.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program offers free tax help to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities, the elderly and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Norwalk and receive free news updates.