NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk last week:
- Police have identified the victim of a fatal hit-and-run accident on Woodward Avenue as 43-year-old Osmin Bonilla of Norwalk and arrested Hugo Cruz-Gregorio, 33, of Norwalk on numerous charges, including second-degree manslaughter, DUI and evading.
- Greenwich Police are investigating an attack in which a 21-year-old Norwalk man was stabbed at Armstrong Court. The man is recovering in Greenwich Hospital.
- The northbound Merritt Parkway and northbound Hutchinson River Parkway on the Connecticut-New York border reopened after being closed for nearly eight hours when a tractor-trailer truck slammed into a bridge and caught fire .
- The Connecticut Business & Industry Association has formally endorsed Bob Duff, a Democrat, for re-election to the state Senate, representing the 25th District.
- A Norwalk man Alvaro Lainez, 30, was charged in the theft of $14,000 worth of copper and tools, as well as a van, from a former employer in September.
- The undefeated 5th grade Norwalk Packers advanced to the Candlewood Valley League championship game after a 26-0 win over the Danbury Hatters.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.