There have been 279 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Connecticut over the last 24 hours, bringing the total number to 1,291.
A look at counties in Connecticut with the most cases as of Saturday morning, March 28 is shown in the first image above.
For a listing of cases by municipalities, see the second image above.
The most number of cases (275) is in the age group from age 50 to 59 (21 percent). (See third image above.)
The number of fatalities is 27, with 19 over age 80. (See fourth image above.)
For a look at hospitalizations by age group, see the fifth image above.
Fifteen of the fatalities have been in Fairfield County, which now has 752 cases. These towns have the most cases in the county: Norwalk 105, Westport 95, Danbury 85, Greenwich 77, Stamford 76, Ridgefield 46, Bridgeport 41, and Brookfield 29.
Here's the rundown of cases by county:
- Fairfield County: 752 cases, 68 hospitalizations
- Hartford County: 189 cases, 36 hospitalizations
- Litchfield County: 52 cases, nine hospitalizations
- Middlesex County: 25 cases, five hospitalizations
- New Haven County: 222 cases, 46 hospitalizations
- New London County: 15 cases, two hospitalizations
- Tolland County: 33 cases, seven hospitalizations
- Windham County: three cases, zero hospitalizations
Total cases: 1,291
More than 8,400 tests have been performed statewide.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.