Kaela Augustine, 26, of Queens, turned herself in to New Canaan Police on Monday, Dec. 2 at approximately 4:30 p.m.
Police were dispatched to the area of Park Street near Pine Street on a report of a woman in distress inside a vehicle on Tuesday, Sept. 24.
Officers attempted to make contact with the woman, later identified as Augustine, who was inside the vehicle with two young children, police say.
Augustine was subsequently incoherent and uncooperative with officers during the investigation, police say. She allegedly tried to bite officers who were in close proximity to her.
Augustine was transported to Norwalk Hospital for evaluation, and police allegedly obtained a warrant for her arrest.
Augustine later surrendered to New Canaan Police at headquarters and was charged with the following:
- Possession of less than one-half ounce of cannabis
- Interfering with an officer/resisting arrest
- Improper use of marker, registration or license
- Illegal operation of a motor vehicle without minimum insurance
- Risk of injury to a child (two counts)
- Second-degree breach of peace
- Operation of a motor vehicle without a license
Augustine was released after processing and is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday, Dec. 12.
Click here to follow Daily Voice New Canaan and receive free news updates.