DARIEN, Conn. -- A seasoned entrepreneur with three children, Darien resident Holly Hurd has built a thriving business on supporting mom-owned businesses.
In "Venture Mom: From Idea to Income in Just 12 Weeks," Hurd shares her easy-to-follow formula to help moms increase their earning power by recognizing the market value of something they love to do, according to a press release. Spotlighting the startup success stories of moms spanning a range of backgrounds and ages as proof and inspiration, Hurd assures every mom, “You can do anything that you set your mind to if you are authentic to who you are, passionate about what you do and persistent in your efforts.”
Hurd will be signing copies of her book at 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 15, at Barrett Book Store, 314 Heights Road, Darien.
The book explores:
- Insights into what women really want to do by exploring their passions – cooking, art, clothes, working out, dogs, kids – with attention to flexible job potential.
- Tips and techniques for clarifying a business concept, with just a little research and a little help from family and friends.
- Pointers on picking the perfect name and choosing the right colors (like yellow for food) to highlight their business.
- Guidance on determining what to charge for their product or service, developing special packages or deals, and setting up secure, convenient methods of payment.
- Free resources for designing a logo and creating and launching a website that’s appealing to and easily found by prospective customers or clients.
- Strategies for making the most of email, social media, and blogging -- after determining if it actually pays to blog.
- Ideas on how and where to network to build their business.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.