DARIEN, Conn. The Mather Center will be holding several upcoming events for senior citizens, including managing holiday stress and anxiety, dealing with loss during the holidays, music and more.
- The Ridgefield Visiting Nurse Association will host a lunch and learn about managing holiday stress on Monday, Dec. 1, at 11 a.m. with a complimentary lunch at noon. The event is hosted by Laura Switzer, LCSW. Complimentary lunch will be served after the program. Sign up by calling 203-656-7490.
- The Schubert Chorale, a small ensemble of mixed womens voices, will be performing on Monday, Dec. 1 at 12:30 p.m. The group is a part of the Schubert Club of Fairfield County, a non-profit music organization. The chorale offers programs to local retirement homes, senior centers, and other organizations as a community service. The chorales December program will include songs of the season as well as instrumental and vocal solos.
- An event featuring Art Gottlieb, LCSW, CSA, on Tuesday, Dec. 2, at 12L30 p.m. will discuss the World War II battle of Okinawa.
- Visiting Nurse & Hospice of Fairfield County presents I am loveable, I am capable, a lunch and learn. A complimentary lunch will be served at 12 p.m. and the program will begin at 12:30 p.m.
- The Ox Ridge School 3rd Grade Brownie Troop will be visiting on Dec. 4 at 1 p.m. They are bringing along a craft and will have some yummy treats.
- The Rev. Karen S. Judd, LCSW, will be hosting Coping with loss during the holidays, on Monday, Dec. 8, 15 and 22 at 11 a.m. This event is sponsored by the Visiting Nurse & Hospice of Fairfield County. The event will explore the various facets of grief and how this can get exacerbated during the holiday season. Judd will discuss coping strategies and have opportunities to share this journey of being with and healing through the grief of having lost a loved one.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.