DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien residents can support their neighbors and find great deals by taking part in Shop Small Saturday on Nov. 25.
Local business owners and the Darien Chamber of Commerce encourage shoppers to mark their calendars and celebrate the uniqueness of shopping in Darien, where 98 percent of shops and restaurants are locally owned.
According to the Chamber, there are numerous benefits to shopping and dining locally:
- Darien's "one-of-a-kind" shops give the town a distinctive character.
- Shopping locally is social. You can see friends, be with family and get advice to make great purchases for your family, yourself and your friends.
- Local Darien businesses donate goods and services to local non-profits and schools year after year, so shopping locally helps keep the community strong.
- Locally owned businesses give local teens and students their first jobs and internships, so keeping them strong helps local youths be successful.
- Shopping locally uses less gas, is convenient and friendly.
- Many locally owned businesses will have specials for shoppers on Small Business Saturday, which is a great reason to visit a favorite store or discover something new in town. Visit the Darien Chamber of Commerce website for a full list of participating retailers.
Shop Small Saturday will be held on Saturday, Nov. 25. American Express sponsors the event, and will reward purchases made with an AE card at participating merchants by delivering more rewards during the promotion.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.