Man Points Gun At Group Of Kids During Street Fight Near School In Poughkeepsie, Police Say
A 25-year-old man is facing felony and misdemeanor charges after allegedly pointing a gun at a group of youth during a street fight in Dutchess County, police said.
The incident happened around 3:45 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 13, near Mansion Street and Bement Avenue, near the Warring Elementary School, the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department said on Friday, Aug. 15.
Officers were told a gun had been shown during the altercation before the suspect fled in a vehicle, police said.
Soon after, patrol officers found a vehicle matching the suspect’s description and pulled it over, d…
Claw End Of Crowbar Jammed Into Man’s Skull In Front Of His Daughter In Bellport: DA
A man was brutally murdered with a crowbar in front of his young daughter during a domestic dispute in Bellport, Suffolk County District Attorney Raymond A. Tierney announced on Tuesday, June 10.
Carlos Bonaparte, 45, of East Patchogue, died after being struck in the skull with the claw end of the weapon—puncturing his brain by approximately one inch—during the early morning attack outside his home on Taylor Avenue at 2:45 a.m. on Saturday, May 18, authorities said.
The suspect, Darrell Trent, 46, of Bellport, allegedly arrived at the home five minutes after being called by a cousin of Bona…
Two Busted After Pulling Pistols During Street Brawl In Central Mass: Police
Authorities in Worcester arrested two men earlier this week after they pulled out pistols during a street fight.
The men were part of a large brawl in the area of Beacon and Sycamore streets on Wednesday, March 22, Worcester police said. Officers broke it up after someone called 911.
There were no reported injuries.
Ramon Vega-Rosario, 31, of Worcester, was arrested and charged with two counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, use of a firearm while committing a felony, and two counts of carrying a firearm without a license, police said.
Luis Ayala, 34, of Worces…
Four Charged In Hoboken Street Fight That Went Viral (Update)
Four men are in hot water after authorities in Hoboken say they participated in a late-night brawl that went viral on social media in October of last year.
Joseph Cosenza was arrested and charged with two counts of aggravated assault, while an arrest warrant was issued for Samuel Sorce, 25, of Florham Park, in the Oct. 23 street fight on Hudson Street and Hudson Place, Hoboken police spokesperson Marci Rubin said.
Sorce is accused of conspiracy, aggravated assault, and endangering an injured person, police said.
Meanwhile, summonses were issued for Robert Ferrarelli, 23, of Nutley, and Ch…