While the nation celebrates service men and women on Memorial Day over the holiday weekend, there will be several road closures in Yorktown for the annual parade.
The Yorktown Police Department issued an alert this week advising area residents that beginning at 11 a.m. on Monday, May 28, the Yorktown VFW Post 8328 will be hosting their annual Memorial Day Parade, which will kick off at Yorktown Town Hall.
Police said the parade will begin at Town Hall, traveling east on Underhill Avenue, to the intersection of Commerce Street. The parade will then take a turn north on Commerce Street to Veterans Road, before reaching it’s conclusion at the Yorktown Community Cultural Center.
During the parade, several roads will be closed, police noted. Among the scheduled road closures includes:
- Underhill Avenue from Route 118 to Front Street;
- Commerce Street from Kear Street to Veterans Road;
- Veterans Road from Commerce Street to Maple Hill Street;
- Kear Street at Underhill Avenue;
- Downing Drive at Commerce Street;
- Hanover Road at Commerce Street;
- Front Street at Underhill Avenue.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.