As fast as you can say "turkey leftovers," it's time to plot out getting your Christmas tree.
Are you a chop-your-own or pre-cut family? What follows are some ideas for both. Be sure to tell us your favorite spots -- or send in some photos -- in our Comments or on Facebook.
- Wilkens Fruit and Fir Farm, Yorktown Heights: Choose-n-Cut Christmas trees are available as long as they last. Expect Douglas and Fraser Fir trees available for Choose-n-Cut as well as some pre-cut Fraser Fir trees. Enjoy a free cup of hot apple cider with every tree purchase; check the Harvest Calendar before planning your visit. Chop To It: 1335 White Hill Rd., 914-245-5111
- Stuart's Fruit Farm, Granite Springs: There are cut your own or pre-cut options at this family-run 172-acre farm where you'll also find freshly baked apple cider doughnuts, pies, and other goodies. Chop To It: 62 Granite Springs Rd., 914-245-2784
- Abel's Trees, Verbank: Balsam Fir, Blue Spruce, Norway Fir, Serbian Spruce, Canaan Fir and White Spruce are all here; often 10 feet and higher.Cash or personal check only. Complimentary baling is offered to facilitate handling of your tree. Chop To It: 435 North Clove Rd., 845-677-6395
- Battenfeld's Tree Farm, Red Hook: There's lots of choices at this fifth-generation family-owned farm where options include Blue Spruce, White Pine, Douglas Fir and Frasier Fir. You'll also find a large gift shop, wagon rides, visits from Santa and bagpipers. Check the website for details. Chop To It: 856 Route 199, 845-758-8018
- Evergreen Tree Farm, Millbrook: Cash or check only at this family-run farm where you'll find Douglas Fir, Frazier Fir and Spruce. They'll even do the cutting for you. Chop To It: 407 North Tower Hill Rd., 845-677 3785
- Solvang Tree Farm, Poughkeepsie: Cut your own varieties Include Colorado Blue Spruce, White Spruce Norway Spruce, Scotch Pine up to nine feet; fresh-cut options include Fraser and Concolor Fir. Chop To It: 80 Bedell Rd., 845- 473-0224
- Fabulous Firs, Poughkeepsie: Five varieties of fir, including the farm's award-winning Fraser Fir, are grown here. You'll also find a number of varieties of Spruce and White Pine. Cash only. Ten percent discount for military and Seniors. Chop To It: 702 Van Wagner Rd., 845- 590-3337
- Saltsman Christmas Tree Farm, Rhinebeck: Pre-cut options here include Fraser Fir, Balsam Fir, and Concolor Fir while Choose & Cut include Blue Spruce, White Spruce, Fraser Fir, and Balsam Fir. Trees range in height from 6 feet to 12 feet. Saws are provided free and the staff will bale your tree and secure it to your car free of charge. There's also complimentary roasted chestnuts, mulled cider and doughnuts around an open barnyard fire (weekends only) Cash and checks. Chop To It: 214 Route 308, 845-876-8801
- Plains View Farm, Pleasant Valley: Trees include Fraser Firs (up to 12 feet), Norway Spruce (also up to 12 feet, White Spruce, and Blue Spruce. Chop To It: 21 Freedom Rd., 845-485-4277
- Wonderland Farm, Rhinebeck: The trees here have been featured in Pottery Barn, Country Living and other national media outlets. Expect expertly sculpted evergreens in a variety of shapes and sizes in Balsam, Frasier, and Canaan Firs, as well as Blue Spruce. Plus, free hot chocolate. Chop To It: 191 White Schoolhouse Rd., 845-876-6760
In Orange County
- Edward’s Tree Farm, Warwick: Choose from pre-cut trees or cut your own, all grown on the farm. Open Saturdays and Sundays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Dec. 17. Chop To It: 77 Amity Rd., 845- 258-4344
- Emmerich Tree Farm, Warwick: Choose and cut spruce, pine, and fir set amidst a south-facing hillside. Freshly-cut Fraser firs are also available. Free parking, wagon rides to the field, music, bonfire, and free hot chocolate. Chop To It: 10 Sleepy Valley Rd., 845-986-0151
- Graney Tree Farm, Pine Bush: Choose and cut your own blue spruce tree and shop from an assortment of balsam wreaths. Open weekends through Christmas Eve, 9 a.m. to dusk. Chop To It: 24 Lang Dr., 845- 361-3022
- Stone Oak Farm, Slate Hill: Hike more than eight acres and choose from blue spruce, white spruce, and Canaan fir trees. Also worth a visit: the Bed & Breakfast, featuring a roaring fireplace and gift shop, all in a beautiful timber-framed barn. Open weekends, 10 a.m. to dusk. Chop To It: 207 Stony Bar Rd., 845-355-4751
- Sumner’s Wintergreen Tree Farm, Middletown: Choose and cut your own tree from a selection of blue spruce, white spruce, Scotch pine, white pine, Douglas fir and Fraser fir. Free treats available for kids. Open weekends in December, 10 a.m. to dusk. There's also a Christmas shop full of holiday gifts and decor for decking your halls. Chop To It: 123 Brola Rd., 845-800-3018
- Audubon Society H. Smith Richardson Tree Farm, Westport: Take your pick of Douglas Fir; White Spruce; Blue Spruce as well as pre-cut Fraser Fir; Caanan Fir and Balsam Fir at this12-acre plantation where a portion of proceeds benefits CT Audubon Conservation. Chop To It: 1-19 Sasco Creek Rd., 203- 801-8402
- Everett's Corner Tree Farm, Easton: Free saws, baling and twine are offered at Everett's where you'll find an extensive selection of White Spruce, Blue Spruce, and White Pine choose-and-cut Christmas trees. Chop To It: 136 Sherwood Rd., 203-268-2508
- Fairview Tree Farm, Shelton: Aside from the trees -- a selection of chop your own Blue Spruce, White Spruce, Serbian Spruce, and Frasier Fir -- you'll also find Santa each weekend via tractor hayrides. And, yes, ther are pre-cut trees as well. Chop To It: 486 Walnut Tree Hill Rd., 203-944-9090.
- Jones Family Farms Shelton: Every year, local families hike the hills of Jones Family Farms to find the perfect center point to put in their home. There are lots of varieties ranging from the tall, the short, the thin and wide. Will it be Spruce, Fraser, Balsams or Douglas? Head to the Barnyard for more stuff to choose from -- shops filled with wreaths, garland, bows, tree stands, pinecones, and more. Chop To It: 606 Walnut Tree Hill Rd., 203-929-8425.
- Maple Row Farm, Easton: In business since the 1950's this farm takes its family traditions seriously. Trees include Balsam Fir, Blue Spruce, Canaan Fir, Douglas Fir, Frasier Fir, Norway Spruce, White Pine and White Spruce. Chop To It: 555 North Park Ave., 203-261-9577
- Silverman's Farm, Easton: Expect a Christmas wonderland at Silverman's where hot cider, precut Christmas trees (no choose-and-cut your own), poinsettias, wreaths and gifts are just a sampling of what you'll find. Chop To It: 451 Sport Hill Rd., 203-261-3306
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.