WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Southern Westchester County.
- Speakers at a public hearing blasted County Executive Rob Astorino's proposed county budget cuts and implored Westchester County legislators not to go along with the proposal.
- Richard Zeoli, a 58-year-old Westchester man, was identified as the victim in a fatal Route 9 accident early Thursday morning.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Tuesday nominated Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore as New York's chief judge of the state Court of Appeals.
- Rye's City Council unanimously approved the appointment of Michael C. Corcoran as the police commissioner effective Feb. 1, 2016.
- The Picture House in Pelham offers great ways to celebrate the holidays.
- Wake and funeral services have been set for Jerry Crawford, the 16-year-old Yonkers teen who died following a crash as he fled police on Warburton Avenue.
- The 24th Annual Howard Godwin Sleepy Hollow Holiday Basketball Tournament took place on Thursday, Friday and Saturday at Sleepy Hollow High School in Tarrytown.
- Westchester Community Foundation has named Jennifer Hu Corriggio of Scarsdale its director of philanthropy and donor relations.
- Six Irvington Middle School eighth-graders received letters commending them for their work after creating public service announcements in their English class last year, including a letter from first lady Michelle Obama.
- Eastchester High School football player Andrew Schultz has been named a finalist for the “Heart of a Giant” award.
- Larchmont resident Mackenzie Lesser-Roy has been cast in acclaimed musical "Once."
- State Assemblyman Tom Abinanti (D-Greenburgh/Mt. Pleasant) opposes "Wild West" reaction to gun violence.
- The Bronxville Police Department made several arrests on "Black Wednesday."
- Police have identified the body that was found in Port Chester last Saturday as that of Arturo Arias, 32, of Port Chester.
- A man is in serious condition after being hit by a car while crossing the street in New Rochelle Wednesday night.
- Dr. Marsha Gordon, president and chief executive officer, of the Business Council of Westchester, has been named to the Mayoral Advisory Committee of incoming Mount Vernon Mayor Richard Thomas.
- Purchase College/SUNY has been ranked No. 4 in the nation for students with creative personality types.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.