WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Portions of the northbound Bronx River Parkway will be closed between the Sprain Brook Parkway and the Westchester County Center starting Monday and continuing daily through Friday from 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Northbound closures mean:
- There will be no access from the six-lane portion of the northbound Bronx River Parkway to the four lane portion of the northbound Bronx River Parkway at the Sprain Brook Parkway.
- All traffic will be diverted onto the Sprain Brook Parkway and then Central Park Avenue (NY 100) to White Plains.
- The northbound Bronx River Parkway will be accessible to local traffic at the following locations (between the Sprain Brook Parkway and Harney Road) at all times.
- Entrances from Paxton Avenue, Elm Street, Scarsdale Road, Thompson Street and Leewood Drive will be open.
- All northbound traffic will be diverted at Harney Road to Scarsdale Avenue and East Parkway, re-entering the northbound parkway at Crane Road.
- The northbound Bronx River Parkway will be open to traffic at Crane Road and all points north.
These daily midday closures are necessary to install permanent median islands, median guiderail and clean drainage structures.
In addition, the Bronx River Parkway southbound Exit 12 Crane Road closure will be extended to Friday, Aug. 28, when it is estimated that substantial completion of this project will be achieved. Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes. Numerous variable message signs will be used to alert motorists of the upcoming closures.
For more information, call Westchester County Department of Public Works and Transportation at 995-2555.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.