Planning on letting your fingers do the shopping this CyberMonday?
Are You Shopping On Cyber Monday?
Statistics show most purchases are made around 11:20 a.m. on what is a full day of deals.
According to BlackFriday.com, there are the best and worst things to buy.
- Experiences and online courses: Sites like Groupon often offer deep discounts on Cyber Monday. Groupons for experiences like spa visits, rope courses and meals out make great gifts, and Cyber Monday is a great day to find even bigger discounts than usual.
- Travel: If you're spontaneous and looking for a getaway, watch sites like Expedia, Hotwire and Booking like a hawk on Cyber Monday. Watch for emails from your favorite airline, too.
- Clothing: Clothing is the number one priority for shoppers on Cyber Monday. Most major clothing retailers keep it simple by having sitewide discounts of 30 percent to 50 percent off.
- Electronics, big and small: While the lowest-priced TVs are generally found on Black Friday, TVs will still be marked down on Cyber Monday. As for gaming systems, laptops, phones and tablets, retailers will often extend whatever deals they ran on Black Friday into Cyber Monday. And don't forget small things like headphones, speakers and phone cases. Those will be on sale too.
- Anything at online-only stores: Cyber Monday is the online follow-up to Black Friday. So it's when online-only businesses like Amazon, eBay, Groupon, Overstock and Newegg try to stand out with sitewide discounts and perks like free shipping.
- Smart-home devices: Smart-home gadgets are big in 2017 and will be discounted into Cyber Monday. Look for bundles that include smart-home assistants, plus smart lights, baby monitors and home-security systems.
- Home decor and furnishings: Leading into Cyber Monday, you'll get bombarded with emails from online home-decor and furniture stores. If there's something specific you're looking for, you'll find good deals on Cyber Monday. But home stores constantly run item-specific sales throughout the year. That low Cyber Monday price you saw on rugs? It will come back around again several times over the year. So don't make these deals a priority on Cyber Monday, if you have other things on your list.
- The newest gaming consoles: You'll find plenty of deals on older-gen consoles (PS4, Xbox One S), but if you're after the Ninendo Switch or Xbox One X, don't bother. A few retailers (including Walmart) have these consoles listed in their Black Friday ads, but not at a discount.
- Toys: If you're after 2017's hottest toys (like Fingerlings or Hatchimals), don't assume you'll find great deals. Retailers don't want to have unsold toys in stock after the holidays, so you'll see discounts well into December.
- Fitness equipment: Anything and everything you might want for your home gym will appear as deals on Cyber Monday. But wait. In January, these items will get marked down again for the New Year's resolution crowd. The one fitness-related item you should buy on Monday? Fitness-tracking wearables and watches.
Go here for the full report.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.