NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The fourth Westchester-wide Night of Jewish Learning and Celebration, an event aimed at teaching attendees about the Jewish Faith, is scheduled for 6:45 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 5 at Beth El Synagogue Center in New Rochelle.
Co-sponsored by the Westchester Jewish Council and the Westchester Board of Rabbis, with support from UJA-Federation of New York, the event allows participants to attend two 45-minute workshops chosen from more than 30 topics covering Jewish thought, text, philosophy, spirituality, sports, culture, life and love.
Following the workshop participants will socialize at a grand celebration, including a delicious dairy dessert and musical entertainment by Rabbi Andrew Bossov. Attendance is expected to be over 500.
“The rabbis have put together a truly wonderful and varied range of topics, so everyone should be able to find something of interest,” said Elliot Forchheimer, executive director of the Westchester Jewish Council.
All adult learners are welcome and encouraged to attend. Everyone, regardless of background, practice, affiliation or age, is welcome, Forcheimer added.
Workshops include “Super Jews, from the X-Men to the Fantastic Four: How Judaism, Jewish values, and Jewish Texts Have Influenced the Comic Book Industry”, “Can You Say Kiddish over Beer Instead of Wine?”,,“ Israel, Iran, and Holocaust Denial” and more.
Participating rabbis include:
- Rabbi Jaymee Alpert, Congregation Kneses Tifereth Israel, Port Chester
- Rabbi Morris Barzilai, Sinai Free Synagogue, Mount Vernon
- Rabbi Jeffrey Beer, Westchester Hebrew High School, Mamaroneck
- Rabbi Jonathan Blake, Westchester Reform Temple, Scarsdale
- Rabbi Alfredo Borodowski, Congregation Sulam Yakov, Larchmont
- Rabbi Andrew Bossov, Westchester Jewish Community Services, White Plains
- Rabbi Lester Bronstein, Bet Am Shalom Synagogue, White Plains
- Rabbi Aaron Brusso, Bet Torah, Mount Kisco
- Rabbi Fredda Cohen, New York Board of Rabbis Rabbi
- Julie Danan, Pleasantville Community Synagogues, Pleasantville
- Rabbi Josh Dorsch, Beth El Synagogue Center, New Rochelle
- Rabbi Moshe Edelman, Rabbi David Greenberg, Temple Shaaray Tefila of Westchester, Bedford Corners
- Rabbi Ari Isenberg-Grzeda, Temple Israel Center of White Plains,
- Rabbi Jennifer Jaech, Temple Israel of Northern Westchester, Croton-on-Hudson
- Rabbi Steven Kane, Congregation Sons of Israel, Briarcliff
- Rabbi Molly Karp Rabbi Maura H. Linzer, Temple Beth El of Northern Westchester, Chappaqua
- Rabbi Josh Lookstein, Westchester Hebrew Day School, Mamaroneck
- Rabbi Chaim Marder, Hebrew Institute of White Plains,
- Rabbi Shira Milgrom, Congregation Kol Ami, White Plains
- Rabbi Jonathan Morgenstern, Young Israel of Scarsdale,
- Rabbi Jason Nevarez, Temple Shaaray Tefila of Westchester, Bedford Corners
- Rabbi Harry Pell, Schechter Westchester, Hartsdale
- Rabbi David Schuck, Beth El Synagogue Center, New Rochelle
- Rabbi Jeffrey Segelman, Westchester Jewish Center, Mamaroneck
- Rabbi Dina Shargel, Temple Israel Center of White Plains,
- Rabbi Jeffrey Sirkman, Parchment Temple
- Rabbi Jonathan Slater, Institute for Jewish Spirituality
- Rabbi Jay Stein, Greenburgh Hebrew Center, Dobbs Ferry
- Rabbi Seth Sternstein, Yorktown Jewish Center, Yorktown Heights
- Rabbi Pamela Wax, Westchester Jewish Community Services
Tickets are available online at www.wjcouncil.org for $20/person through November 25, after which the price will increase to $25/person. Tickets will be available at the door if space allows.
For more information about the Night of Jewish Learning and Celebration, contact Donna Bartell, email@example.com or at 914-328-7001. Information about the event is also available on the Westchester Jewish Council website at www.wjcouncil.org. Sign language interpretation is available upon request.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.