WHITE PLAINS, NY -- The Second Annual Women In Tech Awards Luncheon on Oct 1, will honor pioneering women scientists.
The even will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Tappan Hill Mansion on 81 Highland Ave. in Tarrytown.
These are the honorees:
- JoAnn Difede, director of the program for Anxiety and Traumatic Stress Studies at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center and professor, Department of Psychiatry at Weill Medical College of Cornell University, for pioneering uses of virtual technology to treat survivors of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Joan Fallon, chief executive officer Curemark, LLC, for developing novel therapies to treat autism and ADHD.
- Lynn Macdonald,, executive director, Pain, Neurology, & VI Next, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, for developing genomic technologies for the treatment of human diseases.
- Rebecca Sommi, senior vice president of operations, support, and engineering, Broadview Networks, for leading this information technology organization through one of the greatest technological shifts in history.
- Andrea Soto, vice president/chief of staff to the president of MasterCard Operations and Technology, for leading a global corporate Women in Technology initiative.
The event will also recognize two outstanding Westchester students who have chosen to enter one of the STEM state.
"The Women In Technology luncheon provides a forum for the women to share their stories and for us to shine a light on their success, " notes Marrissa Brett, president of the Westchester County Asociation.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.