Positive test results for COVID-19 in the Hudson Valley remained steady, according to brand-new five-day data released by New York State on Tuesday, Aug. 4.
Of the 70,993 test results reported on Monday, Aug. 3 to New York State, 746, or 1.05 percent, were positive.
In the Hudson Valley, the positive percentages in the last five days are as follows:
- Thursday, July 30: 0.9 percent
- Friday, July 31: 1.0 percent
- Saturday, Aug. 1: 0.8 percent
- Sunday, Aug. 2: 0.9 percent
- Monday, Aug. 3: 1.0 percent
A total of 746 new COVID cases were reported on Monday, bringing the statewide total to 417,589 during the pandemic.
Here's a rundown of the number of new cases per Hudson Valley county:
- Westchester, 35 (up 19 from a day earlier)
- Dutchess, 14 (down nine from a day earlier)
- Orange, 9 (up six from a day earlier)
- Rockland, 8 (up five from a day earlier)
- Ulster, 8 (up five from a day earlier)
- Putnam, 4 (down one from a day earlier)
- Sullivan, 1 (up one from a day earlier)
There were three deaths due to COVID-19 in New York State on Monday, with none in the Hudson Valley.
Here is overall state data for Monday:
- Patient Hospitalization - 568 (+32)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 85
- Number ICU - 139 (+3)
- Number ICU with Intubation - 69 (+7)
- Total Discharges - 73,326 (+47)
- Deaths - 3
- Total Deaths - 25,175
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.