Of the 58,961 tests conducted on Saturday, Aug. 1 in New York State, 531, or 0.9 percent, were positive.
In the Hudson Valley, the positive percentages in the last five days are as follows:
- Tuesday, July 28: 1.3 percent
- Wednesday, July 29: 1.3 percent
- Thursday, July 30: 0.9 percent
- Friday, July 31: 1.0 percent
- Saturday, Aug. 1: 0.8 percent
A total of 531 new COVID cases were reported Saturday, bringing the statewide total to 416,298 during the pandemic.
Here's a rundown of the number of new cases per Hudson Valley county:
- Westchester, 24 (down 17 from a day earlier)
- Dutchess, 16 (up two from a day earlier)
- Orange, 5 (down one from a day earlier)
- Putnam, 3 (down one from a day earlier)
- Rockland, 2 (down 14 from a day earlier)
- Ulster, 2 (down three from a day earlier)
- Sullivan, 0 (down three from a day earlier)
There were three deaths due to COVID-19 in New York State on Saturday, with one in the Hudson Valley: in Westchester.
Here is overall state data for Saturday:
- Patient Hospitalization - 556 (-25)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 74
- Number ICU - 143 (-4)
- Number ICU with Intubation - 71 (-1)
- Total Discharges - 73,222 (+88)
- Deaths - 3
- Total Deaths - 25,170
Click here to follow Daily Voice Ulster Sullivan and receive free news updates.