Contact Us
Suffolk Daily Voice serves Babylon, Brookhaven, Huntington, Islip, North Fork, Riverhead, Smithtown & The Hamptons
Return to your home site

Menu

Suffolk Daily Voice serves Babylon, Brookhaven, Huntington, Islip, North Fork, Riverhead, Smithtown & The Hamptons

Nearby Sites

  • Nassau
    serves Glen Cove, Hempstead, Long Beach, North Hempstead & Oyster Bay
Police & Fire

Fire Breaks Out At Long Island Ramada Inn

A malfunctioning air conditioner caused a fire in a room at the Baldwin Ramada Inn.
A malfunctioning air conditioner caused a fire in a room at the Baldwin Ramada Inn. Photo Credit: Google Maps street view

A malfunctioning air conditioner caused a fire at a Ramada Inn on Long Island.

The blaze broke out around 5:30 a.m., Wednesday, Dec. 9, at the Ramada Inn at 1000 Sunrise Highway in Baldwin, said the Nassau County Police.

The fire was contained to one room and the fire department was able to extinguish it quickly, officials said.

No guests or personnel were injured. 

to follow Daily Voice Suffolk and receive free news updates.