POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. -- First responders were dispatched to a Poughkeepsie eatery Saturday after receiving a report of an apparent drug overdose.
The Arlington Fire District and Mobile Life Support Services crews were told that the male victim, found in the bathroom of the Golden Corral at 2345 South Road, was “not alert,” according to fire Chief Tory G. Galante.
The buffet-style restaurant just opened earlier this month. A representative refused to comment on the incident Sunday.
Galante could not confirm Monday whether the medical incident involved heroin but did say that’s how it was called in to emergency services.
The man was taken to MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, Galante said.
His condition could not be learned Monday.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.